Friday, September 3, 2010

KY Shuttle.


One of my favorite things about getting immersed in new crafts is collecting knowledge about all the trade specific tools and figuring out your own personal preferences.

I had tested out a few different shuttles belonging to other folks and I thought I had settled on my first purchase (a Leclerc slim shuttle, which I did end up getting as a second shuttle), before I came across this one at The Woolery, based out of Frankfort, KY. It is hand made out of Kentucky Maple and Walnut which, of course, sounded too promising to pass up. It has a really lovely feel on top of being beautiful, therefore, I have no regrets about dishing out a little extra cash. I don't know a thing about the company, but since I bought it from a store in Kentucky and it's made from Kentucky trees...they're from Kentucky?

No comments: