Sunday, September 12, 2010

Breakfasts I Have Loved (and set my coffee on).


I am known, by many of my companions, as one who loves breakfast to a fault. Putting your most cherished event at the very beginning of the day could be viewed as a flaw, leaving you little to look forward to post-meal. Lately, I've been remedying this oversight by eating breakfast on several occasions throughout the day, regardless of the hour.

I tend to be inevitably dissatisfied, in the long run, with any work that is representational (too literal?), though that never keeps me from returning to it. This past week, I started working on these quilted coasters of those breakfast classics: the egg and the toast. They are offering up some amusement, so I'll allow this overwhelming novelty in my studio (for now). I'm gearing up for the Bloomington Handmade Market, so they'll surely make an appearance there and probably on my Etsy page in the nearer future.

1 comment:

britt said...

Ooh, I'll be at the Bloomington Handmade Market too! Yay! What will you be selling?

Regarding breakfast imagery, see here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/brittquilts/4109767468/in/set-72157616158310231/

Fried eggs are a particular favorite of mine.