Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Dyeing Experiments #1





Yesterday afternoon I got to do some experiments in dyeing at a great studio in Nashville (Indiana). I will give some more info on the studio (and the super helpful/knowledgable woman who runs it) as I get more pictures together, but for now, I just really wanted to throw some pictures of my new yarn up!

It's a two-ply wool that is fairly coarse. I thought it looked kind of like a huge mess while I was painting the dye on the skein, but spun up in a ball it looks edible! I also dyed a warp, that is on my loom now, with a lot of the same colors, so we'll see what the look like when they intersect.

At this point in my weaving education everything is still a huge surprise -- a lovely feeling.

1 comment:

Maureen Cracknell Handmade said...

It looks beautiful! I've always wanted to try dyeing my own yarn and to own my very own swift.

Happened to stumble upon your blog, it's lovely!