Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Dyed warp experiment #1.




So, I took that dyed warp off my loom a couple of weeks ago, but only just got around to washing the pieces yesterday. The whole thing was a big experiment, the pattern is a variation on "Simplified Damask" out of Marguerite Porter Davison's green book and I used several different yarns in the weft -- I will reveal them in order of appearance (when they're all up #1 will be at the top, #7 at the bottom, hopefully it will be obvious)....


1. 100% cotton, recycled from a sweater -- beige
2. cotton chenille -- grey
3. rainbow-dyed wool
4. wool -- turquoise and black
5. recycled cotton (navy), linen (turquoise), bamboo (grey)
6. 100% acrylic -- beige and black
7. cotton carpet warp (plain weave) -- blue

In the end, I think I liked the plain weave best. I felt like the pattern detracted from the warp and vice versa. Now, what am I going to do with all these pieces?

No comments: